BLACK DIAMOND LTD EDITION
- Espresso & Filter
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $25.00 Sale
- Unit price
Location: Sabanilla De Alajuela, Costa Rica
Here's a unique coffee from the legends at Las Lajas. Please welcome BLACK DIAMOND!
In the spirit of pushing processing to the limits the micro mill has done the following:
- Cherries are harvested once they reach 20% brix degrees
- They are washed with clean water, then passed through the defloater to remove bad fruit
- Cherries are then moved to drying beds for one day, before being moved to the drying patio where they are closely monitored for the duration of the drying period
- They are turned once daily. During the night, the cherries are piled up and covered
- The aim is to keep movement to a minimum, but if the inside temperature varies, the coffee is moved to keep the temp in the 18 - 20 degrees Celsius range
- Drying time is from 22 to 27 days
Sounds like they took extra special care of these little coffee seed babies!
This SL28 coffee was grown by the neighbouring Finca Sabana Redonda. Las Lajas has built a beautiful community of coffee producers and continues to push the limits of micro mill processing and coffee quality.
This crazy lot tastes like Mango, Cacao and Pineapple. It's process heavy and a little funky. Bare feet dancing in the rain vibes. That's a warning for the clean freaks. Everyone else is gonna love it.
Adding product to your cart