The Wood and Co Coffee Espresso Brew Guide
Espresso Brewing Recipe
What you need:
- Espresso machine with portafilter
- Wood and Co Coffee beans (20g)
- Knock box
Step 1: Grind and dose coffee
- Remove the portafilter and wipe it clean. Ensure the basket is dry.
- Zero out the scale and grind around 20g of Wood and Co Coffee beans to a consistency similar to confectioner's sugar. Directly dispense the grounds into the portafilter.
- Tap the portafilter gently to settle the coffee and use your finger to distribute it evenly.
- Tamp the coffee by applying pressure until it feels like the coffee is pushing back. Ensure the coffee bed is level.
Step 2: Prep the machine
- Purge water through the grouphead to ensure it's hot and ready.
- Lock the portafilter into place.
Step 3: Pull a shot
- Engage the grouphead and start the timer.
- Place a cup under the portafilter and observe the espresso extraction.
- The espresso should flow steadily, resembling little mouse tails.
- The entire extraction process should take approximately 23-28 seconds, yielding about 45 grams of espresso.
- If the extraction takes much longer or is too slow, try adjusting to a coarser grind.
- If the extraction is too quick, try a finer grind
Step 4: Serve and enjoy
Well done buddy!!!
Your Wood and Co Coffee espresso shot is ready to be savored as is, or spin some milk and make a delicious flattie!